Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Expressway MRA Multiple Clusters

Hi,

I'm planning on implementing jabber for a customer but the request is not familiar to me:

2 Clusters:

A.) Production-Cluster xyz.com

B.) Dev-Cluster abc.com

The customer would like to know if he can connect expressway only to the Dev-Cluster and make jabber client connect from the Internet via the Dev-Cluster to the Production-Cluster using ILS between the Cluster.

testuser@xyz.com.sa

Jabber Client(External) ---> Expy-E ----> Expy-C ---->Dev-Cluster ----> Production-Cluster(Registers)

testuser@abc.com.sa

Jabber Client(External) ---> Expy-E ----> Expy-C ---->Dev-Cluster (Registers)

If not, is there any other way to secure it other than tls communication between prod-cluster and expressway.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I think "Partitioned Unified Communications services deployment" is what you are looking for:

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/expressway/config_guide/X8-5/Mobile-Remote-Access-via-Expressway-Deployment-Guide-X8-5-1.pdf

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

ILS does not allow phone from one cluster to register to another cluster, ILS allows clusters to be discovered (be aware of each other) for the purpose of replication dial plans, etc. so that you don't need to define specific routes pointing to each other. So, I don't see how that would apply here.

Hi Chris,

Just need to verify the below questions:

A.) Only one srv record is created internally to point to main cucm(example.com) and UDS will use ILS to send the client the home cluster information

B.) internal and external user(staging.example.com) can search users in example.com(user2@example.com) by URI,first,last name and number.

I think "Partitioned Unified Communications services deployment" is what you are looking for:

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/expressway/config_guide/X8-5/Mobile-Remote-Access-via-Expressway-Deployment-Guide-X8-5-1.pdf

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: