Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

A/A ASA in data center

Hello Team,

I want to deploy two nexus 7K in a data center I want to utilize the VPC feature over my approach in current scenario I have two ASA 5540 in A/A , number of Inside vlans are 32 vlans. I have three questions as per the following:

1- How should I Connect the ASA into N7K through VPC feature ( Is it doable to make the ASA in between the core VDC and Aggregation VDC or to connect it as arm to the AGG VDC only)

2- Since I have 32 vlans, And ASA is limited to 8 bridge groups, which will not allow me to map more than 8 vlans into in each context. Should I go through the routed mode and make the ASA is a default gateway for all the internal servers.

3- Since I have only four gig ports per ASA physical device, Can I use the management port for Failover link ?  

Please help me sorting this setup in any configuration example for both 7K and ASA  with diagram of physical connections if possible. Thanking you in advance

Best Regards

Mohammad Eid

1 Reply 1

rizwanr74
Level 7
Level 7

Please follow configuration example to make your ports on ASA as a trunk mode and ASA should be routed mode and if you require any dynamic nat or static-nat you can do so as well.

Please make sure, you have one separate vpc extending to primary ASA and another vpc extending to secondary ASA. 

interface GigabitEthernet0/2

channel-group 1 mode active
 no nameif
 no security-level
 no ip address
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/3
 channel-group 1 mode active
 no nameif
 no security-level
 no ip address

interface Port-channel1
 port-channel load-balance src-dst-ip-port
 nameif inside
 security-level 100
 ip address 10.10.2.2 255.255.255.252

Now should you require a DMZ interface, then create a subnet interface from port-channel interface.

interface Port-channel1.50
 description VLAN-50
 vlan 50
 nameif dmz
 security-level 50
 ip address 10.10.30.2 255.255.255.0 

You would treat ASA connection to VPC on 7K, just like any other fabric extenders connection.

Hope that answer your question.

Thanks

Rizwan Rafeek

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card