cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connecting two UC560s over ASA5505 VPN tunnel

tracy
Level 1
Level 1

We need to connect two UC560 phone systems over a VPN tunnel built by two ASA5505's. Now I have done this successfully using a VPN tunnel built by the UC560's themselves, but never with a VPN built by ASA's. I need folks on UC560#1 at building#1 to 3-digit dial folks on the UC560#2 at building#2 and vice-versa. The tunnel between the ASA's will be a site-to-site tunnel.

To add more fun to the mix, the ASA's will be the default gateway to the internet for their respective buildings, and the ASAs will be on the same data VLAN as the LAN switch ports of the UC560's.

Each UC560 has been assigned a unique voice vlan subnet.

Any suggestions on where to start? I have a feeling that the VPN wizard won't be useful here, and thats ok. I just need to know where to start with the CLI.

thanks!

tracy

1 Reply 1

tracy
Level 1
Level 1

Just a followup - I got this working without much trouble. Strictly a CLI config, works great. I can pass calls back and forth between the two systems, including paging and blast groups.

My setup also included (by choice), changing the default voice and data VLANs on both systems.

These phone systems are pretty slick if you aren't afraid of the CLI. If there is interest, I can post here how to do this.