Helpful
Replies

CDR on CUCM 10.5

abd88elhak
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

i have just implemented a solution of unified communications for a company
this client would like to have a server contains details of calls (called calling duration )
My question : how can generate CDR on CUCM and export them on external server
and also how can i read them(is there any software to read cdr)
please give the steps needed i have never used CDR
regards

2 Replies 2

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

There are various ways of getting CDR out, and lots of applications to view them. Some are rubbish, some are better, most are expensive. They usually do lots of manipulation and reporting on the CDRs and take into account the cost plans you have with service providers.

It's really a case of knowing what your customer wants from the package. I would suggest you point them at a few companies and let them sell direct if you don't know about these things, the customer can decide.

For free they can use CAR - CDR Analysis and Reporting. This is built into CM so you just need to activate it. It's not great, but it's free and allows basic reporting and searches to see who called who etc.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/service/10_0_1/car/CUCM_BK_C885BA46_00_cdr-analysis-reporting-administration-100.html

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi ,

beyond what Aaron Harrison said, you can enable CDR in CUCM Administration's 'Service Parameters' > Service: CallManager ... the 'CDR Enable Flag' should be 'True'.

To export the CDR to an External Server, in CUCM Serviceability > Tools > CDR Management ... you just need to 'Add a New' - 'Billing Application Server'.

Hope this helps.