cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG500-28P-K9-G5 Problem Saving Configuration

thengkhim06
Level 1
Level 1

Port VLAN configuration gone missing after rebooted if I turn on the “Auto Voice VLAN” feature. But the switch is working fine & without any problem if I didn’t turn on the Auto Voice VLAN.

The switch is using firmware version 1.4.0.88.

10 Replies 10

Michael Swenson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The SG500 uses a macro function call smartports.  When a device is connected to the SG500 and is broadcasting a discovery protocol ( LLDP, bonjour or CDP), the switch will learn the type of device connecting ( router, switch, phone, phone and PC, PC...) run the smartport marco on that port.  Thus, it will change the Vlans on the port in relationship to what device is connected and how the macro is configured.

You can disable smartports or edit the macro to the desire configuration for the type of device.

from the GUI: Smartport - Properties - Disable

or

To edit the marco: Smartport - Smartport type settings - select type - edit

Best Regards,

hi Michael,

Yes, I aware of the Smartport setting, currently I set the port as "IP Phone + Desktop".

The port configured with 2 VLANs; 1 for data & 1 for voice. But as long as I restart the Switch, the port Voice VLAN configuration will be gone & become VLAN1.

Hi,

Please try with 1.3.5 firmware if it is working for you as expected.

Regards,

Aleksandra

hi Aleksandra,

I've tried firmware version 1.3.5; 1.3.7 and 1.4.0. Unfortunately, still having the same problem. As long as I rebooted the switch, the voice vlan configured on the port will be gone.

Any idea?

Hi,

it is worth comparing running config before and after reboot. especially for the ports with problem. I suspect it is related to Smartport macro.

Regards,

Aleksandra

hi,

I configured the port as "IP Phone + Desktop" instead of "Default". I've also checked the running config before & after reboot. The voice vlan that I config on the ports were gone missing after rebooted.

Or I shouldn't select "IP Phone + Desktop" smartport macro? If so... what should I select? Leave it as default?

V K Moorthy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Try to save the configuration as below:(GUI)

Running config-----------> Backup Config

Backup config --------------> Startup Config

Save configuration and Reboot .

hi Vasukris,

This has been tested, but still the same. Issue is still there...

Hi,

Kindly create the TAC case to get support over phone:(Need to check the device over remote)

Out TAC contact details:(Link provided)

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

regards

andilen01
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem. How did you finally resolve this problem?