Views
Helpful
Replies

AC module in 3602i not detected

Adrian McManus
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have 4 3602 APs (AIR-CAP-3602I-A-K9), each with the AC module installed (AIR-RM3000AC-E-K9). We have these hooked up to Catalyst 3850s acting as the wireless LAN controller.

The AC module is not being detected on any of the APs. Everything I've read mentions that these things should be plug in play - very little needs to be done to get them working.

802.11ac is enabled on the controller:

80 MHz channels have been selected:

The 3850 supports the POE requirements to run the module.

When I do a show ap dot11 5ghz summary, I only see 40 MHz channel widths.

Also, when I console into the AP, I only see slots 0 and 1 (not 2).

This is on 4/4 APs so I'm sure I'm just missing something. Can anyone tell me what it is?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
We have 4 3602 APs (AIR-CAP-3602I-A-K9), each with the AC module installed (AIR-RM3000AC-E-K9). We have these hooked up to Catalyst 3850s acting as the wireless LAN controller.

Wait ... Your 802.11ac radio module is incompatible with your AP.  

Your AP has a regulatory domain of "-A" (for USA) but your 802.11ac has the regulatory domain of "-E" for (Europe).

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
We have 4 3602 APs (AIR-CAP-3602I-A-K9), each with the AC module installed (AIR-RM3000AC-E-K9). We have these hooked up to Catalyst 3850s acting as the wireless LAN controller.

Wait ... Your 802.11ac radio module is incompatible with your AP.  

Your AP has a regulatory domain of "-A" (for USA) but your 802.11ac has the regulatory domain of "-E" for (Europe).

I saw that earlier but read at least one other post with someone seemingly combining the two. I saw they have similar frequencies but different max EIRP so I figured that might not be the issue. I was still unsure which is why I included both model numbers. :P

Not sure why we were given E modules along with our A Aps here in Canada! Thanks for the help!

Thanks for taking the time to rate our posts, Adrian. 

This thing will be a thing of the past since Cisco has unveiled the "universal" regulatory domain of "-UX".  

Universal AP Regulatory Domain Deployment Guide

Cisco AirProvision app for Apple iDevice found HERE.

Cisco AirProvision app for Android found HERE.

Cisco AirProvision app for Windows phone found HERE.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card