Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS endpoints calling outside world

hi guys,

I can't find any information regarding calling SIP endpoints outside of the organization.

for example I've found some person, there is sip address - someone@acme.com by which I can reach him. I want call him from endpoint registered at VCS infrastructure. something close to it is in this document (on page 28) but there are no exact confirmation about my suggestion.

is it possible at all? and what I need to deploy that?

thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

Create the search rule as per the documentation - that's all you have to do. To confirm that it is working properly, you can test it with the Cisco loopback service which will loop your own video back to you; dial loopback@rtp.ciscotac.net

To dial someone@acme.com you do not have to do anything at all, however, the people/organisation you are calling must have the appropriate SRV records in place - same for you, if you want people to call you using alias@domain, then you must have the appropriate SRV records in place.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

That is the correct documentation you are looking at, where are you stuck as far as implementation goes?

Please rate useful posts.

I'm just in the planning phase because you know with VCS licenses you need to be very careful.

btw, you may notice I'm newbie with TelePresence:)

thanks for your advice

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

Create the search rule as per the documentation - that's all you have to do. To confirm that it is working properly, you can test it with the Cisco loopback service which will loop your own video back to you; dial loopback@rtp.ciscotac.net

To dial someone@acme.com you do not have to do anything at all, however, the people/organisation you are calling must have the appropriate SRV records in place - same for you, if you want people to call you using alias@domain, then you must have the appropriate SRV records in place.

/jens

I suppose appropriate DNS records described on page 49 in the mentioned document?

thanks for the clarification

That is correct.

/jens

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: