cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA187 stuck registering

Mike Buyarski
Level 3
Level 3

We have one site that has a few ATA's and all but 1 will not register.

This particular site is a vpn connection back to the main site where there is a CME10.0, all the ATA's register just fine except for this one.  i brought the ATA to the main site and it registered just fine but back at the remote site no dice. and even odder it was working at the site until we had it powered down for a short while for some system work.

23 Replies 23

Wilson Samuel
Level 7
Level 7

What is the firmware version and model of the ATA?

the SW_version is 187.9-2-3-1 same version on all of the ATA's

Have you verified that the tftp request is making all the way to CME?  You can do "debug tftp events" to find out. This way you will be able to know if you are debugging a pure registration issue, or a layer 3 issue.

Thanks,

FG

attached is a snippet of the log appears to be getting many tftp requests

Mike,

This is a great start. Looking at the debug, we can tell the ATA is connecting all the way to CME, but it's not finding the configuration file that it requires. 

Feb 27 14:17:50.176: TFTP: Looking for CTLSEP1C1ABA952301.tlv
.Feb 27 14:17:50.460: TFTP: Looking for ATA1C1ABA952301.cnf.xml
.Feb 27 14:17:50.740: TFTP: Looking for XMLDefault.cnf.xml
.Feb 27 14:17:50.744: TFTP: Opened flash:/its/vrf1/XMLDefault.cnf.xml, fd 4, size 3502 for process 378

A sip registration opens the XML default only when it cannot find it's configuration profile in the flash or its directory OR the configuration has something missing. Please post a "sh run" so I can dig a little deeper into your config. 

Also, are all the other ATAs 187s as well? 

Thanks,

FG

all the other ATA187's are working fine. we have 3 ATA's, but 1 port on one ATA is not configured for anything. the ATA with MAC addresses of 381C.1ABA.9250 & 1C1A.BA92.5001 are the one's in question. those are voice register  pool 9 & 10, those have voice register DN 9 & 10.

anything I scubbed from the config will have "" around them.

Mike,

Looking at your voice register pools, I do not see any configured for MAC 1C1A.BA95.2301. 

TFTP: Looking for ATA1C1ABA952301.cnf.xml

This may explain why your ATA cannot find its configuration file. If you find that this is the case, create a voice register pool with id mac 1C1A.BA95.2301, and then do "no create pro" "create pro" from voice register global in order to order the tftp configuration files in flash.

Thanks,

FG

Wrong ATA the one in question is has mac of 381C.1ABA.9250 & 1C1A.BA92.5001.

that ATA was on purpose setup with only one port used.

Understood. Config and tftp events look good. The last thing we can check is what's happening with the SIP register messages. 

Usually, a SIP phone gets the tftp file, and then sends a SIP register message to registrar server, the registrar server sends back a 401 unathorized, then the device responds with username/password. 

This might be difficult to debug during the day, we will to do "Debug ccsip messages" and follow the trail of the ATA registration.

I will also point out that these ATAs 187s have a history of registration issues, even with CUCM, but let's make sure we cover all angles before we blame it on known bugs.

Thanks,

FG

here is a debug ccsip messages, just for note and to help the ata in question has IP of 10.164.1.15

Thank you Mike, I think we almost got it.

Do this:

"no ip address trusted auth " under voice service voip

and let me know.

does not seemed to of changed anything.

Remove 

authenticate realm all

from voice register global, the do "no create pro" "Create pro" and monitor the debugs once again

no change still getting unauthorized