Helpful
Replies

Unified External Mask

mohamed helmy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

CUCM 10.5, MGCP VGW with E1s

Required to make a group of users to make external calls with the same external number. i.e. the shown Calling number at the second end will be the same, whomever the user made the call of this group.

Regards.

Regards, Mohamed Helmy
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Set it either as External phone number mask on the phone, route pattern, route group or look into using calling party transformation and apply to the GW (don't recall if MGCP allows you to apply transformation patterns).

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Brandon Pierce
Level 4
Level 4

Not sure I understand you here but I will give it a whirl.  Just set the External Phone Number Mask option to whatever number you want to appear on the called party's phone (the ANI).  I think that is what you are asking for?  This is found in the line setting per phone.

Hi Brandon,

I tried that part of External Phone Mask at the Line page, but it didn't work. the call ANI still go with the DID. but it is required to use another number.

Regards, Mohamed Helmy

Don't use translation use transformation pattern.

Hello Chris,

Applying Calling Party Mask at the Route Pattern worked correctly. 

Thanks for your support.

Regards

Regards, Mohamed Helmy

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Set it either as External phone number mask on the phone, route pattern, route group or look into using calling party transformation and apply to the GW (don't recall if MGCP allows you to apply transformation patterns).

I spent a lot of time to do it using the translation pattern, and of course it didn't work. The Route Pattern sounds to be more correct. I will create new route pattern for this group of users only and apply the external phone number under it.

Regards.

Regards, Mohamed Helmy