Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Rejected for outgoing PSTN

Hi All,

I scratching my head over this one issue, got a new installation of H323 gateway in on of our site office in China. Managed to bring up the ISDN, however when i tried outgoing call i got Call Rejected message from "debug isdn q931". Note, incoming call is fine.

Here's the dial-peer config;
!
dial-peer voice 1 pots
 description ** Default Inbound dial peer **
 incoming called-number .
 direct-inward-dial
!
dial-peer voice 10 pots
 trunkgroup PRI_GROUP
 description ** Default Outbound PSTN pattern **
 destination-pattern 9.T
!

debug isdn q931 result;

Mar  6 07:00:35.302: ISDN Se0/0/0:15 Q931: Applying typeplan for sw-type 0x12 is  0x1 0x0, Calling num 28598260
Mar  6 07:00:35.302: ISDN Se0/0/0:15 Q931: Sending SETUP  callref = 0x0095 callID = 0x8016 switch = primary-net5 interface = User
Mar  6 07:00:35.306: ISDN Se0/0/0:15 Q931: TX -> SETUP pd = 8  callref = 0x0095
        Bearer Capability i = 0x8090A3
                Standard = CCITT
                Transfer Capability = Speech
                Transfer Mode = Circuit
                Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s
        Channel ID i = 0xA98381
                Exclusive, Channel 1
        Calling Party Number i = 0x1081, '28598260'
                Plan:Unknown, Type:International
        Called Party Number i = 0x80, '0060176065415'
                Plan:Unknown, Type:Unknown
Mar  6 07:00:35.342: ISDN Se0/0/0:15 Q931: RX <- RELEASE_COMP pd = 8  callref = 0x8095
        Cause i = 0x8295 - Call rejected

Route pattern in CUCM;

9.!

Provide Outside Dial Tone

Anyone can shed a light here?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

You need to speak to your telco to find out what exact combination of type, plan and how the number should be formatted so they accept the call, have you already done that?? If not, that's what you need to do.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

It seems to be fine, but some telcos expect a certain combination of those fields to accept calls, some want you to tag the call as international and do not send what you would dial for the call to be recognized as international, just the number, in your case that would be just 60176065415

That's what you need to discuss with the telco, exactly what do they expect to accept the call.

HTH

java

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Dragan Ilic
Level 4
Level 4

Just a question - is it supposed to have 2 zeroes in called number when sending to PSTN? The row stating "0060176065415"...you don't need to remove some digits here?

BR,

Dragan

HTH,
Dragan

hi Dragan, thanks for feedback.

i'm not sure since normally in my country that's how make International call

00-country code-called party number

so in my case

00-60 (malaysia) - 176065415 (mobile number)

thanks,

Hidzwan

OK then it's fine formatting number...well according to this http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/internetworking/troubleshooting/guide/tr1917.html

it seems that that your PSTN provider is rejecting call for some unknown reason. Is there a way for you to speak with them? Maybe they are expecting some other digit? Can you dial that phone above from your mobile phone successfully? If you can then you are 100% sure that you are dialing right number so you must speak with them on this matter...

BR,

Dragan

HTH,
Dragan

Yes i can dial the above phone from my phone here in Malaysia through IDD call (through PSTN). And we also have tried call the China's IP phone using their local legacy phone there,  also reachable.

So i conclude the incoming has no issue. The only problem is outgoing now. which I cant figure out. Maybe like u suggest, need to talk with their Telco.

regards,

hidzwan

bump for anyone who can share their experience of opinion on this.

You need to speak to your telco to find out what exact combination of type, plan and how the number should be formatted so they accept the call, have you already done that?? If not, that's what you need to do.

HTH

java

My field engineer on site still waiting the telco guy to come over. Thanks for the advice Jaime, will definitely clarify the number format with them. So, i take that there's no problem with my configuration right? It shall come down to Telco not accepting the call I reckon.

Meanwhile, if anyone ever had similar kind of experience in dealing with China Telecom, feel free to share it here for future reference as well.

It seems to be fine, but some telcos expect a certain combination of those fields to accept calls, some want you to tag the call as international and do not send what you would dial for the call to be recognized as international, just the number, in your case that would be just 60176065415

That's what you need to discuss with the telco, exactly what do they expect to accept the call.

HTH

java

You guys were right, turns out the telco requires the Calling & Called party number type and numbering plan to be as below;

Called Party number type : International

Calling Party number type : subscriber

Called Number plan : ISDN

Calling number plan : ISDN

So, i changed the default value in CUCM Gateway configuration page accordingly, now phone can make outgoing call.

However, comes another challenge my FAX machine which attached to FXS port still relaying the calling/ called number type as unknown. Where should I change the number type for FXS devices?

Regards,

Hidzwan

Just adding what Jamie has said. Some carriers really want the Calling/Called Numbers as well as the Plan and Type to be in certain format.

From my experience, for a customer in Boston, USA, one of the telcos would always had issue whenever a call was placed to India, rest of the international calls were always fine, it was only the calls to India would come back with some random issues.

After a lot of trouble tickets it was resolved.

I would recommend checking calling other international numbers as well, may be it is only calls to Malaysia is creating issue not to any other country.

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: