cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

do I need to create vlan in remote site for central switching SSID though gateway is in HQ

vinodjad1234
Level 2
Level 2
Hi Experts, I have two SSID configured with central switching 1) Corp SSID 2) Guest SSID I have question about guest SSID ..since I have requirement of configuring guest with central switching and gateway for guest ssid will be configured in HQ ...do I need to configure layer 2 vlan for guest vlan in remote office switches ... If yes ? How routing happen for this vlan from remote office since layer is in HQ ..
3 Replies 3

do I need to configure layer 2 vlan for guest vlan in remote office switches ... If yes ? How routing happen for this vlan from remote office since layer is in HQ ..

NO, for central switching SSID, you do not want to create vlan in remote office switches.

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

right, all the traffic runs through the capwap tunnel to your WLC where it gets the first contact with the "network" The tunnel "data" part can also be encrypted if u want. That's the great benefit if u want that :).

As mentioned already but want to expand on this .. 

The purpose of the local vlans is to drop the traffic off al the local network rather than bring it back to the wlc. 

Main the case of your guest you are brining this back which means you simply anchor guest back to the central wlc. The guest ride the data plane back to the wlc and get dropped on your central wlc interface. Keeping in mind if you lose connection back to the c rural wlc you will also lose guest access. 

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card