Helpful
Replies

MX700 dual screen second screen still black

prlux2012
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I got a brand new MX700 dual camera and dual display TC.7.3.1

When the system start up I can see the Cisco logo on both screens.

I did this manual setting as the configuration was set for a single screen. 

xconfig Video Monitors: Dual 
xconfig Video CamCtrlPip CallSetup Mode: Off 
xconfig Video SelfviewDefault Mode: On 
xconfig Video SelfviewDefault OnMonitorRole: Second 
xconfig Video SelfviewDefault FullscreenMode: On

Now I can see two screen on the touchpanel  but the selfview or the sharing still not appear on the second display. It appears to be in a standby mode. 

Is there any command to solve this issue ?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You beat me to the punch.  I had the same issue with a MX700 as well.  The Cisco logo at boot means nothing over then the device is powered on.  It does not mean it is talking to the codec what so ever.  Very misleading....

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Those commands you've entered are correct, and worked for all 20+ dual screen endpoints we have, however, we don't use the Cisco touch panels with them either.

When you have selfview enabled and are sharing presentation content, you should see those icons on the touch panel.  What happens if you push and hold those icons and drag them to the other monitor using the touch panel?

I know a site that we conference with that has a similar endpoint with dual screens and a touch panel had an issue with their second monitor, and dragging the two items to the second monitor fixed it.  After you drag them to the second monitor, you might have to tap them and maximize them them if they still appear as a PIP.

Note: Your question would be better placed in the TelePresence section of the forums where these devices are more actively discussed.  You can move your question to the correct section by editing it and changing the categories at the bottom.

Hi All,

Patrick, thanks for your quick answer. On the touchpad, I can see the 2 screen, but when I put the selfview fullscreen on the second one or the sharing source, it still black.

As it was not detected by the codec.

As the cisco logo appears during the boot, is it a configuration problem ?

Regards,

If the Cisco logo didn't appear during boot, I'd say it could be a cable problem, and the second monitor just wasn't connected correct, but obviously you get video because you can see the logo during start up.

I know we have this issue sometimes with our endpoints every so often, that the layout sometimes gets messed up.  Try either on the touch panel or web interface, change the layout to Equal or Auto.  That sometimes fixes an issue we see, where even though everything is configured correct to use dial monitors, the layout is still set to a single screen format.

I've solved the issue,

The Cisco logo at the boot appears when you plug the monitor, it doesn't mean that it's connected to the codec.

The second monitor was detected as not connected in the xstatus :

*s Video Input HDMI 2 Connected: False

I've unplug all the cables, then plug it back and everything is working fine.

Regards.

You beat me to the punch.  I had the same issue with a MX700 as well.  The Cisco logo at boot means nothing over then the device is powered on.  It does not mean it is talking to the codec what so ever.  Very misleading....

Interesting they have the Cisco logo generated by the monitor and not the codec. That is very misleading.