Helpful
Replies

BAT issue in CUCM10

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi ,

We have got a CUCM cluster [one PUB and One SUB] running on version 7.1.5

We have build CUCM version 10 in offline and now trying to migrate phones data using BAT and getting error message:

Error : 407 The Model type for the specified Product type was not found. To overcome this, we selected Bulk Administration---Phones ---Insert Phones Specific Details .Under this , we need to have Phone Template Name . We created phone template name for 9951 SIP.

After we did this  and click on Submit, we are getting another error in logs as below

Line number 1 is not configured for Line on the template

Please advise what could be the issue.

regds,

aman

6 Replies 6

Aditya Gupta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Aman

The Error "Line number 1 is not configured for Line on the template"  means you have not configured a DN on Line1 for Template for the 9951 phones.

You need to configure a Dummy DN for the lines on the Template as well.

Regards

Aditya Gupta

Hi Aditya,

thanks for the reply[+5]

You mean to say I need to configure Dummy DN for each Template which I create for IP phone  model .I have 4 IP phone models [6921/9951/7911/7942]deployed in setup.

Please advise.

regds,

aman

Hi Chris,

[+5]

I did not opt for PCD since in new setup we need to change DN of existing phones so that I downloaded the BAT for CUCM 10 and was exporting data from CUCM 7.

regds,

aman

Hi Aman

If you are importing the phones which have directory numbers, you will need to assign dummy DN, otherwise CUCM will not allow you to import the Phone since it would not recognize the DN field in the import file.

I would suggest, test with few phones of each model first and then do complete import.

Regards

Aditya Gupta

Hi Aditya,

we could not get the option for entering DN but got the option for LineTemplateName under Phone Template.We created a Phone template and configured LineTemplate.

we configured a name like 6921LINE for 6921 model and were able to insert phones successfully.

thanks for the support.

regds,

aman

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What process are you using as it is not supported and does not work to use BAT files from one version to another.  Have you looked at using PCD for your migration?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: