cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

THE ASR9K NvEdge Problem

wuyian2012
Level 1
Level 1
HI everyone My have a project of the NvEdge System of ASR9K ,then i found the configuation guid ,config example , white paper In the Config guid and config example:ASR Single Chassis Migration to nV-Edge System Configuration Example ,Cisco ASR 9000 Series Aggregation Services Router nV System Configuration Guide, Release 5.3.x ,it say two ASR chassis must be similar type,if i have a 9922 and a 9010 use the same RSP,i can' t make a NvEdge In the white papper: it say for the example use 9922 and 9010 to be a NvEdge is ok so i have a question: what is correct and why two cisco paper is not same?
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

xthuijs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The chassis type would need to be the same kind to form a proper cluster/using the nv edge technology.

Although technically there is no restriction why this can't be done, it is not a scenario that we extensively have tested therefore we can't claim support on.

Could you point me to the link that gave you that ambiguity because I would like to see if it needs to be rectified or happened to be a mis interpretation.

cheers

xander

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

xthuijs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The chassis type would need to be the same kind to form a proper cluster/using the nv edge technology.

Although technically there is no restriction why this can't be done, it is not a scenario that we extensively have tested therefore we can't claim support on.

Could you point me to the link that gave you that ambiguity because I would like to see if it needs to be rectified or happened to be a mis interpretation.

cheers

xander

HI

my white book is Cisco ASR 9000 Series Aggregation Services Routers-White Papers-Introduction to Cisco ASR 9000 Series Network Virtualization Technology 

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/solutions/collateral/service-provider/edge-networks/asr_nv_100611.pdf

it say Extensible edge node capacity: with the Cisco ASR 9000 Series nV edge system, providers can extend
existing edge node capacity by simply adding a new Cisco ASR 9000 Series chassis to the virtual node,
without any operation outrage and without additional management- and control-plane configuration. The two
Cisco ASR 9000 Series chassis in the same Cisco ASR 9000 Series nV edge system do not need to be the
same type. This feature can provide additional operational flexibility. For example, a full-rack Cisco ASR
9922 chassis can join the existing Cisco ASR 9010 chassis as one virtual Cisco ASR 9000 Series nV edge
system for capacity growth.

ouch!! indeed very unfortunate miswording!! thanks for highlighting that!

I will correct that asap.

cheers!

xander