cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Admin username 16 Character limit in C680 Email Security Appliance?

sforrester
Level 1
Level 1

It looks as though administrative usernames are restricted to 16 characters in C680 (Version: 8.5.6-092). Does anyone know whether there are plans to increase this limit? I ask because I have a client that has a policy of centrally managing all admin accounts. To so this they ACS with AD as an external identity store. Several users have usernames that exceed this limit and they're not keen on having to create new usernames to support this device.

Thanks,

Steve

3 Replies 3

Robert Sherwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We have an open enhancement filed against this, as 16 characters is the limit for user names  At this time, it is not identified as to when it will be implemented.  Currently, this is an internal only request.  I'll add your sighting information to the open enhancement:

CSCzv77527: CLI doesn't handle external users with usernames longer than 16 characters

-Robert

stevenb01111
Level 1
Level 1

We are having the same problem with a cluster of 8 X1070's running 8.0.1-023 using OpenLDAP authentication. GUI logins are fine, but the CLI refuses to allow usernames imported from our central AD which have a charector length longer than 16.

Has there been any update on this known issue? I see it is logged on Ciscos Release notes. Defect ID # 49909 from Release : AsyncOS 7.6.0, but there is very little information available after that.

jonas.wintland
Level 1
Level 1

We have the same trouble, and can not login to GUI either..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: