cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there an option in for an SX20 to disconnect a call after there has been no activity/ movement ?

wiss.over
Level 1
Level 1

A customer has requested that their "idle" calls to get automatically disconnected after X minute/hours.

I had a look and couldn't find anything in the SX20 Config page for it so wondering if any one has managed to do it somehow.

Cheers,

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Marius Nedregaard
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

That is not possible, as there will always be some data sent. You can generally configure meeting bridges to disconnect the meeting after an set amount of time.

I think Magnus misinterpreted your question

//Marius

View solution in original post

Sure the endpoint itself might not support that, but I see multiple ways how you could handle that.

The question is how to define "idle". It could be defined as calls which are up like >8 hours,

this could be checked on the endpoint or on the call control via some external server / script.

An other option is to have a motion or sound sensor in the room and then run some scripts handling this.

Besides whats asked here, it would be fun to see if the sound level of the endpoint or the status of the speaker track camera could be used to implement such features ;-)

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Is it always after a specific number of minutes this happens?

The SX20 should not disconnect the call if "idle" unless "something" breaks the connection or someone manually disconnects the call, you would need to map how and when this happens and then grab some debug logs before it disconnects (if you know exactly when it disconnects).

Could be a firewall terminating the connetion due to a configurable timeout?

What software version is the SX20 on? What device is it calling, could it be the remote participant that causes the disconnect?

/Magnus

Marius Nedregaard
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

That is not possible, as there will always be some data sent. You can generally configure meeting bridges to disconnect the meeting after an set amount of time.

I think Magnus misinterpreted your question

//Marius

Yes you are correct Marius,

Sorry about that.

/Magnus

Thank you all for chipping in with your opinions.

I think for now we have to stress on end-user education and ask them to make sure that they hang up after a call.

Sure the endpoint itself might not support that, but I see multiple ways how you could handle that.

The question is how to define "idle". It could be defined as calls which are up like >8 hours,

this could be checked on the endpoint or on the call control via some external server / script.

An other option is to have a motion or sound sensor in the room and then run some scripts handling this.

Besides whats asked here, it would be fun to see if the sound level of the endpoint or the status of the speaker track camera could be used to implement such features ;-)

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: