Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA Cluster logging dropped EIGRP packets from members

borutlape
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we have implemented ASA Cluster consisted of two ASA 5585 9.2.(3) devices and have eigrp turned on outside interface.

The syslog and asdm are constantly filled with the message that eigrp is dropped from the members ip's:

7Mar 20 201508:22:23 10.x.y.7 224.0.0.10 EIGRP request discarded from 10.x.y.7 to outside:224.0.0.10
3Mar 20 201508:22:23 10.x.y.7 224.0.0.10 Deny inbound protocol 88 src outside:10.x.y.7 dst identity:224.0.0.10

Seems like the ASA is dropping eigrp packets from the members, but he ASA should be smart enough not to log this messages.

Is there any way to disable this messages filling my syslog beside implementing logging filter?

Regards,

Borut

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Andre Neethling
Level 4
Level 4

Is you EIGRP working?

About your request to disable the message........... You can disable the logging message under syslog setup in ASDM

See attached JPG

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Andre Neethling
Level 4
Level 4

Is you EIGRP working?

About your request to disable the message........... You can disable the logging message under syslog setup in ASDM

See attached JPG

I know how to disable a particular message, but that is not the right way to correct this, the messages will show up in other logging destinations.

The point is that the ASA Cluster should be aware of the members and should not treat dropped packets as errors.

And yes our EIGRP is fully functional.

I have clicked "Correct answer by mistake", it is not the solution I was looking for.

Is there a way to discard my action and keep this discussion open?

I have the same problem, did you solved it already? If yes, can you send me how, pls?

I have 4 context and EIGRP working in 2 ones of them but in 3rd I have the same error massage.

Thanks a lot

Pavol

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: