cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help with Slow Wireless Speed With Cisco WAP121 Access Point

idle00951
Level 1
Level 1

I have a small business setup at my house and im having issues with the wireless speed.  Its under 1mb download.  

My setup is

Cisco RV180 Router
Cisco SG 200-08P Switch
Cisco WAP121-A-K9-NA Access Point

From my cable modem I go to the router then from the router to port 1 on the switch.  Then the access point is on port 2 with POE to power the WAP121.  Why is my internet so slow using wireless?  If i hard connect to the network with at cat5 cable its the normal fast speed.   What settings am I missing to get this to work right?  .50MB download is not right.  I do have a lot of wifi in my area but with my old linksys wireless router the internet was faster.  Its since I added all this new equipment.  Please someone that knows what im doing wrong please help.

2 Replies 2

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

I am sorry to see that no one has responded to you yet. Do you still have this issue? If yes, what firmware are you on. The latest firmware 1.0.5.3 is supposed to have fixed this issue. PLease update and let me know how this went.

Again I am sorry that you did not receive a response before now.

Eric Moyers
.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Cisco Presales Technical Support | Wireless Subject Matter Expert

I am also facing the same issue.

Firmware Version - 1.0.6.2, we have just upgraded it.

Also, few questions,

1) How much radius in meters without obstacles this AP covers?

2) How many number of concurrent connections this AP supports? Does more than 50 causing congestion?

Speed is pretty good when I connect LAN cable to router but through AP it is giving issue.