cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Missing discussions from community feedback forum

amchang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I just received a number of email notifications for discussions in the Feedback Forum  community posted by Dan Lukes.

aka. https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12404951/unreliable-email-notifications

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12414066/lagged-notification-emails

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12276021/notification-message-im-not-authorized-see

They all say "The issue seems to be solved" but we haven't yet applied fix for these issues yet.

Were these intentionally deleted or by some application issue?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I'm no longer receiving notification for messages for unpublished threads. Also, it seems no notifications are missed for long time. And finally, notifications are issued at the same minute the thread has been created.

Are you pretty sure that those issues has not been addressed in latest release ? May be they has been solved as the side effect of an other change.

As far as I know, they seems to be solved. 

All those threads dedicated to report of particular issue have no further value once solved. 

As there is too much messages of such kind (mostly submitted by me), the Feedback Forum look like a dump a lot. So I deleted them in attempt to make community more readable for new users.

E.g. it's not application issue.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I'm no longer receiving notification for messages for unpublished threads. Also, it seems no notifications are missed for long time. And finally, notifications are issued at the same minute the thread has been created.

Are you pretty sure that those issues has not been addressed in latest release ? May be they has been solved as the side effect of an other change.

As far as I know, they seems to be solved. 

All those threads dedicated to report of particular issue have no further value once solved. 

As there is too much messages of such kind (mostly submitted by me), the Feedback Forum look like a dump a lot. So I deleted them in attempt to make community more readable for new users.

E.g. it's not application issue.

Hi Dan,

We did address the issue with preventing notifications from being posted for unpublished threads in our Feb release.  However, the issue with delayed emails long term fix will not happen until this Thursday's release.  Our dev temporarily forced the query to execute to empty the queue as there were so many entries that the system couldn't keep up with the processing.

I think its better we go back and update when we fix them vs delete in case other folks are watching the discussion. I am tracking them in the JIRA we use so that when things are fixed, we go back to the discussion and follow up accordingly.

Thank you.

Quick Links