Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Swtich 3750

Dear,

We have one 3750E (Master) and two 3750G in stack-able mode, All these are in 24 ports. Now i need to replace one 3750G with 48 ports switch.

Can anyone guide me the exact supportable models of switch in stack mode to replace 3750G and work with other in stack-able mode.

WS-C3750E-24TD-S                         C3750E-UNIVERSALK9-M

WS-C3750G-24TS-S1U                    C3750-IPBASEK9-M

WS-C3750G-24TS-S1U                    C3750-IPBASE-M

Thanks,

5 Replies 5

Dear Faisal,

it depends on whether you need Gig port (G stand for Gig) and PoE. Also please see below.

Cisco StackWise Technology offers Stackable Resiliency

Cisco StackWise technology is a stacking architecture optimized for Gigabit Ethernet. This technology is designed to respond to additions, deletions, and redeployment while maintaining constant performance. Cisco StackWise technology unites up to nine individual switches into a single logical unit, using special stack-interconnect cables and stacking software. The individual switches can be any combination of Cisco Catalyst 3750 and Cisco Catalyst 3750-E Series Switches. The stack behaves as a single switching unit that is managed by a master switch, elected from one of the member switches. The master switch automatically creates and updates all the switching and optional routing tables. A working stack can accept new members or delete old ones without service interruption.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-3750-series-switches/product_data_sheet0900aecd80371991.html

You can refer and check which model suits your need.

Hope this helps. Please remember to rate useful posts.

Thanks,

M

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

Basically you can mix and match any of the 3750 series, however there's somethings to be aware of.

Some of the early 3750s only had 16 MB flash, limiting what IOS images can be installed.

Some of the early 3750s might not be supported in the 15.x IOS versions.

3750G-12Ss support additional special SDM templates, unique to that model.  If those are used, you cannot use other models in the same stack.

When StackWisePlus 3750s (the -E and X series) are mixed with the original StackWise series, StackWisePlus reverts to StackWise (losing half your stack ring bandwidth and spacial reuse).

3750X LANBase models can only be stacked with other similar models.

I believe all the 3750s series are end-of-life and/or end-of-sale.

You mention replacing a 24 port with a 48.  That's certainly possible, although you might add another 24 (or the 48) to your stack.

If your budget supports it, you might consider upgrading your stack to a newer pair of 48s  (I assuming a pair of 48 meets your port needs going by your mention of replacing a 24 with a 48.)  If you needed L3, you might want to use the 3750 follow-on switches, the 3650 or 3850 series.  If you only needed L2, you might want to use a pair of 2960 stackable switches.

Joe

3750G-12Ss support additional special SDM templates, unique to that model.  If those are used, you cannot use other models in the same stack.

Just for your info you can use other models you just can't use the extra templates you get with those switches.

Jon

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

I know, but I see my statement can be read one of two ways.  "If those are used, ...", those was meant to reference the additional unique SDM profiles, not the -12S model.

Thanks for commenting!

Got you :-)

Jon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: