Views
Helpful
Replies

Assigning public ip address to the computer which is in office network

kiran_2132
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a computer in my office network with ip address 192.168.1.10 and i have one public ip 175.101.6.69.

I want to assign this public ip to the internal computer so that traffic shoud go to outside using the public ip 175.101.6.69..

How to configure above requirement in cisco asa.

Please help me

1 Reply 1

cliffgoniea
Level 1
Level 1

Kiran,

So, what you want to do is set up a network address translation, or NAT. I am going to assume that that one public IP address is the same address that your router uses. This means you need to set up a one to many or port address translation (PAT) with overload. There is a ton of info on the Internet to help get you through this but the basics are as follows:

Create a standard access list specifying the IP of the PC you wish to access the Internet (if you add more PCs in the future, just add them to this access-list and they, too, will get Internet access):

ip access-list 1 permit host 192.168.1.10

Next, create the NAT:

ip nat inside source list 1 interface FastEthernet1/0 overload

Where the #1 specifies the access-list from above and FastEthernet is actually your external interface on the route, the one with the 175.101.6.69 IP address assigned to it.

If you have a different IP address assigned to the outside interface, please respond and include additional information like do you need to access the PC from the Internet.

Good luck!

Cliff

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card