cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Intermittent issues following an upgrade

snared04drummer
Level 1
Level 1

I have just completed an upgrade from CUCM, UC and CER 8.6 to 10.5.

The CUCM cluster includes one publisher and two subscribers.

The UC cluster has one publisher and one suscriber.

The upgrade went very smoothly, but now I am getting a few intermittent issues that weren't happening before, and I was hoping someone might have some ideas of what could be causing these things:

Issue 1.  Phone A takes a call on XXX XXX 7200 (DN assigned to multiple phones)

A second call comes in on XXX XXX 7200 and another user on a different phone tries to answer the call by lifting the handset, but it won't answer the call unless the specific DN button is pressed.

Issue 2. A person answers a call, then transfers the call, but it won't hang up (LED stays lit green) until they manually hang it up.

Issue 3. There seems to be some sort of weird latency/lag between the time a user pushes a button on their phone, and when it actually appears on the display as being dialed, causing the illusion of buttons sticking.

As I said, these are all intermittent problems, and don't seem to be consistent between models, etc. so I'm wondering if these are some kind of odd quirk with 10.5 or a combination of 10.5 and my phone models, or possibly their specific firmwares:

SIP 6961 with 9.4.1.3

SIP 6921 with 9.4.1.3

Any ideas about any of these issues would be greatly appreciated.

SIP 6941 with 9.4.1.3

SIP 3905 with 9.4.1.3

1 Reply 1

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

1) Take a look at the 'Auto Line Select' and 'Auto Call Select' parameters on the phone config page (click the ? to see a description of what they do) - could these account for the behaviour?

2) Are users doing the full 'presstransfer-dial-speak/presstransferagain' routine? Or missing that last transfer press?

3) This sounds like a QoS/network latency issue. Do you have a good/QoS enabled network?

To be fair, the last two of these do sounds like they may be QoS related.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: