Helpful
Replies

Video End Point Status in TMS 14.5

anis_cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have TMS 14.5 having SX20.

If conference call is initiated by TMS, SX20 status changes to Red, but if an adhoc call initiated from SX20, status of SX20 does not change to Red.

Is this default behavior of TMS ?

If it is, then how user (who wants to call from TMS to SX20) can know that SX20 is already in conference ?

Regards,

5 Replies 5

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Anis,

lim not sure where you're saying that TMS is showing Red.  Is this in the scheduling interface which is now part of TMSPE rather than in TMS itself?  Are you able to provide a screenshot of where you are referring to?

Wayne

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Please check the attachment

Regards

From my experience, the ones listed in Red are usually ones that are turned off or otherwise inaccessible, and not any indication of whether they are in a call or not.  We generally don't schedule many of our calls, but I do vaguely recall a setting regarding ad-hoc calls showing in the scheduler (or maybe that was just Conference Control Center).

I'm not in the office or near my TMS at the moment to do a check but I can do tomorrow (unless someone else responds in the mean time).

In any case, an ad-hoc call doesn't have any known duration, so it'd be hard for TMS to determine if it was going to be available or not in the next few minutes.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hello Wayne,

From my TMS, when any video end point is busy in conference or not reachable by TMS it shows red and as soon as the conference finish, end point appear into list as normal.

Incase if TMS can not keep the tracker of adhoc call generated by SX20, is there any way that we can track the status of end point is available for call or busy in call ?

Wayne is correct, with the addition that any endpoint appearing in red are also identified as endpoints currently in a TMS scheduled conference as you've pointed out.

Endpoints that are in ad hoc calls will not appear in red, because TMS can still schedule them.  My personal EX60 is in an ad hoc call right now, it has a status of "In Call" within TMS, but it can still be scheduled in TMS at the same time.  If I were to schedule my endpoint in a TMS conference right now, it will call out to my EX60 and prompt me if I would want to disconnect and accept the incoming call.

If you'd like TMS to show endpoint in ad hoc calls similar to those in active scheduled conferences, suggest you file a feature request with your Cisco Account Manager, but I don't think the current behavior will change honestly.

Regarding Wayne's comment "ad-hoc calls showing in the scheduler (or maybe that was just Conference Control Center)", that is for CCC.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: