cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA303 Message Waiting Indicator for specific line only

peteshack
Level 1
Level 1

I have an SPA303 configured with 2 lines (extensions).

I want the message waiting indicator to only show for line 2, not line 1.

I've tried going to Advanced, Voice, Ext1 and setting "Message Waiting" to No

and for Ext2 setting it to Yes. 

Hit "Submit All Changes"

After phone reboots, Ext1 still says Yes, and Ext2 still says No.  I cant seem to change these.

Is this the correct way to accomplish my request?

3 Replies 3

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I have no SPA303 here, but it is almost identical hardware and exactly the same firmware (I assume you have the latest) as other SPA[35]0x models. I have no problem to set Message Waiting independently. I can't repeat the behavior you described.

So either your setting is overwritten by remote provisioning, or it's a complex issue related to overall configuration of phone.

Can you change setting for one extension only ? Have you provisioning configured ? Can you turn on syslog&debug and capture output ?

It may or may not help to analyze the issue.

By the way, wrong forum. Your question have nothing to do with XML application. (Updated: has been moved to the correct one)

Thanks Dan,

Yes, latest firmware.

Not provisioned, i entered SIP creds manually.

I havent really changed any other settings in the web interface, other than testing "restrict MWI" both ways

Cant even change setting for one extension.

I could possibly try syslog, but I dont have a debug server.  I could try wireshark.

What's value of "Customization" option ?

Debug messages are same as the syslog one, but more verbose. Use either external syslog server (there are some free even for Windows). Wireshark can be used as well.