Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can not telnet after upgrade new IOS on router 2921

Dear Team

When our system upgrade IOS of router 2921 with c2900-universalk9-mz.SPA.150-1.M3.bin to c2900-universalk9-mz.SPA.154-3.M2.

We can not use telnet service !

Please check in attach file, please explain help me ?

Thank you

5 Replies 5

stephendrkw
Level 3
Level 3

conf t

line vty 0 4

transport input all

exit

or if you want to be specific

conf t

line vty 0 4

transport input telnet

exit

gather you accessing via loopback0?

Hi

Our system are oversea area, i can not use console to config!

with old IOS(2900-universalk9-mz.SPA.150-1.M3.bin) , no need config "transport input all", i still use telnet service everyday!

Please explain with detail !

Thanks

conf t

line con 0

transport input all

exit

console by default is disabled (transport)..is this what you mean console access if so apply the above?

Hi

We use telnet, not console ! I think line vty, enable default !

Thanks

marknorman
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I had the same problem as you on a remote Cisco 2921, no access via telnet after upgrading from c2900-universalk9-mz.SPA.150-1.M3.bin to c2900-universalk9-mz.SPA.154-3.M2.

Managed to get an engineer to site to login via the console and found that the under "line vty 0 4" and "line vty 5 15" the command "transport input none" had been added by default.

This was changed to "transport input telnet" and remote telnet access was restored.

Sorry to say it looks like you will need someone to physically connect locally by console to resolve this fault..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card