Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS 3945 Router

Jonard Umang
Level 1
Level 1

Hi support team,

we have problem on our cisco router 3945 router, the ios file is deleted by accident. 

1. is their any way to recover it? or

2. i have backup of the configuration but no ios where can i donwload ios of this product?

thanks in advance

bam

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

#1 On the newer flash formats, I'm unaware of a way to recover a deleted file.

#2 You can if you have a valid maintenance contract.

PS:

Does your 3945 have any other flash storage that an IOS image might have been stored upon?

Do you have any other like 3945s?  If so, you could copy the IOS image off it to another.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

#1 On the newer flash formats, I'm unaware of a way to recover a deleted file.

#2 You can if you have a valid maintenance contract.

PS:

Does your 3945 have any other flash storage that an IOS image might have been stored upon?

Do you have any other like 3945s?  If so, you could copy the IOS image off it to another.

the story is we dont know how it is deleted,

it was working fine before, then suddenly it stop working and when i console to the device it goes directly to rommon mode

i tried to show the dir of flas but nothing. i mean no ios found.

rommon> dir flash:

so im suspecting because it has no smartnet contract thats why its deleted? its running 6months from the time its purchased. im currently coordinating now to the vendor.

- no we dont have other 3945.

thanks for response joseph.

Disclaimer

Liability Disclaimer

Posting

To my knowledge, IOS doesn't stop working based on maintenance expiration.

To my knowledge, IOS doesn't stop working based on maintenance expiration.

is their any suggestion what is this problem? now we have the ios image of the router. and i install it to the router and its working fine. i can do all the commands, can go to config mode to meaning looks like totally new.

but the problem is when we restart the router the ios image is gone again and goes directly to rommon.

and issuing the command dir flash:

and no image found, why is it happen? we can not do anything.

pls help thanks.

Disclaimer

Liability Disclaimer

Posting

It sounds like some kind of hardware defect to me because the IOS "disappears" after loaded (and visible in flash?) and then restarted.

yes. it is visible in flash after i put it. but after restart its gone and back to rommon again. this router is 3945 router.

you think this is hardware deffect?