cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection Greeting Administrator Recording Problems

hartgravesc1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone. Recently we upgraded to Unity Connection v10.5. I have been rerecording some of the greetings in the call handlers we have here. I try to speak slowly and enunciate, but unity has been removing any silence or pause and compressing the recording. Not compressing the file, but reducing the amount of silence.

So if I said:

"Press 1 for sales"

PAUSE

"Press 2 for support"

It will remove the pause, and it sounds like a run on sentence:

"Press 1 for salesPress 2 for support"

Is there a setting somewhere I can change?

Thanks for reading.

3 Replies 3

Jeffrey Ness
Level 1
Level 1

Did you find the cause of this? I have the same problem since migrating to Unity Connection 10.5(2).

I turned off VAD in the Advanced Telephony settings and a brief initial test seems to be better.

I turned off VAD in Unity, but it did not have any effect until AFTER I turned it off in the TIMG/PIMG. So this is correct resolution.

I used this guide to turn it off in the TIMG/PIMG:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unity-connection/116399-problemsolution-product-00.html

So the steps are:

A. Turn off VAD (Voice Activity Detection) in Unity connection.

1.      Go to Unity Connection Administration > System Settings > Advanced > Telephony > Uncheck the box that says "Vad Enabled"

B. Turn off VAD in the media gateway (TIMG/PIMG).

1. Go to the TIMG/PIMG Web User Interace > Configuration > VoIP > Media > Audio > Select No for "Voice Activity Detection"