Working with TimeZone variables in UCCx script

Unanswered Question
Apr 13th, 2015
User Badges:

Hi Team

I'm wondering if you guys could help me to find out the best way to work with TZ variables in UCCx script.

Because of different countries customer has a branches, I need to setup different TimeZones for each country handled by the same centralized UCCx.

In this post they use Java to work with TZ, however, but I prefer another way to work with TZ variables:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11851751/how-make-uccx-holida...

My idea is to work with Time Zone variables in the script, so what I did was to create different TZ variables and each one of the them assigned the proper timezone based on the country, so depending of the Trigger involved (DNIS), I can find witch country this call came from and give the right timezone.

The problem I have is that at the time I want to add or subtract two variables of TZ, I got an error because of the syntax. I've been trying different options, but until now, no luck.

Would you mind you guys who had been working on this let me know what is the right syntax to add or subtract TimeZone variables un UCCx?

Thanking you in advance

Martin

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
djlundberg Mon, 04/13/2015 - 13:58
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Hi Martin-

1. What version of UCCX are they running?
  2. Can you please elaborate on what you mean by "add or subtract two variables of TZ"?

I don't recall what version this was added, but you can set the Timezone in the Day of Week and Time of Day steps.

DJ

lopez-martin Mon, 04/13/2015 - 16:08
User Badges:

We have UCCx 8.5

Please let me clarify a bit my comment, in USA daylight saving time began in March 8 2015 and in Mx began in April 5th 2015.

So based on this difference in DST in different countries, I can't use a simple timezone variable, I must adjust it based on the DST differences on the world.

As you said, setting TimeZone in Day of the Week is not enough to have the right time.

Now in my script in the timezone variable I've created, I must increase/decrease the value of GMT -5 in order to have the right time for all different campaigns running on different countries.

This is the reason why I want to add/decrease the value of TZ variable

Please let me know if further clarification is needed, I'll be more than happy to help you.

Thank you

Aaron Harrison Tue, 04/14/2015 - 01:44
User Badges:
  • Super Bronze, 10000 points or more
  • Community Spotlight Award,

Member's Choice, May 2015

Hi

I've been working on TZ's recently... see this post:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12474756/how-check-daylight-s...

My approach in the scripts was that basically I allow the department to set their opening hours in the timezone of their choice.

They have a management web page served from CCX that accepts start/end times each day, and a timezone. That all gets stored in XML.

In the script, based on that information I get the current time in whatever timezone is set, and compare that to the XML open/close times.

Mgmt Screen Grab

Similarly for holidays, I get the current date/time in the holiday TZ and compare the holidays to that.

Aaron

lcubero Thu, 02/16/2017 - 04:13
User Badges:

Hi Aaron,

I also have a management web page served from CCX but it only accepts start/end times each day.  Can you share how to include the timezone and also the xml and scripts ?

Best Regards,

Luís.

Actions

This Discussion