cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Sourcefire Community

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The Sourcefire community is only accessible (as far as I can tell) from within the pages of the Security Community.

Should it not also appear in the sitewide Community Directory flyout menu that appears when you hover?

Also, sub-community threads within Sourcefire don't appear to be rolling up to the Sourcefire community level.

See images below for my first two points:

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

amchang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Marvin,

Actually, we require at least 20 contribution posts per week and we also put other business consideration in mind when deciding to add a community to the community directory.  This is so the community directory does not get too large.

I think the reason why the Sourcefire content is not showing at Security level is because the content posted is not directly posted to Sourcefire but sub community below it.  I believe we only show content of its direct children.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Note - the current Directory menu require 1280x1024 display as a minimum to be displayed in full. It's not possible to scroll to bottom on smaller display, so communities on bottom are unreachable from the menu at all even now.

It need's to be taken into consideration.

Thanks Dan! I'll log this issue with our user experience team to investigate further.

amchang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Marvin,

Actually, we require at least 20 contribution posts per week and we also put other business consideration in mind when deciding to add a community to the community directory.  This is so the community directory does not get too large.

I think the reason why the Sourcefire content is not showing at Security level is because the content posted is not directly posted to Sourcefire but sub community below it.  I believe we only show content of its direct children.

Thank you.

Quick Links