Views
Helpful
Replies

no conference bridge

Alexandro666
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

I have CUCM 7 , and suddenly conference function stop worked.  I can call to one person, hit conference button, call to another person, but when hitting conference button again, it says - no conference bridge.

In media recources i have configured software conference bridge which is assigned to device pool and have registred status. Cisco IP Voice Media Streaming App is started.

I try to add it to MRG and MRGL, it does not help, but before worked without adding CFB to MRGL.

I found some solution for single device - in phone configuration - add manually MRGL which by default is none, but i have more then 100 phones and this is will be not proper way to make conference function work on all phones.

Any suggestions about why it stop worked and how to bring it back?

Codec used by default is g711. CUCM has been rebooted 2 times, and CFB has been readded , but it does not help.

4 Replies 4

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Make sure all the region settings are set to g711. If the conference bridge is allocated to a MRG then it will not be available by default to other phones which do not have a MRGL defined with this resource in the MRG. For all the IP phones to have access to it by default, you need to remove it from all MRG's. However, assigning the MRGL's to devices with proper MRG's is the recommended approach.

HTH

Manish

Thank you for reply. All region settings is set to g711. MRGL has been assigned to device pool, and it solve the problem with physical phones, but still cannot use conference calls by using Lync as before, removing CFB from all MRGL's and MRG's does not help.  Lync and conferences is another issue,  probably not for this discussion, but if you have any advice for this - it will be nice.

The SIP trunk to the Lync side of things would need the same media resources I believe.  I can't remember exactly how Lync sets up since Jabber is so much better.

The trunk does have a MRGL assigned to it as a device pool too, when i tried add to this MRGL CFB, i still have problem, and external calls stop working also. So - current state is - MRG and MRGL with conference bridge assigned to device pool, conference on phones working, but lync have problem with it..