cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 2348UPQ FEX 4 x 10 Breakout

colin.magee
Level 1
Level 1

Is this connection model supported? See attached diagram.

11 Replies 11

Hi,

have you tested?

regards

Yes we have. This is working and in production.

Hi Colin,

Is it neccesary any special configuration in parent switch N5672 to deploy it?

Best Regards,

Ruben

No. Standard fex-fabric port-channel

Colin

Thanks a lot Colin.

I suppose that was necesary configure something in the parent switch to advertise the configuration 10G-to-40G port in the FEX switch.

Best Regards,

Ruben

Nothing special is required on the N5K. Standard 10G fex-fabric port-channel. The 2300 series 40G FEX will auto recognize the 10G transceiver on the N5K. 

Once connected do "show fex 1xx transceiver"  and you will see (24) FEX Uplinks available. (4) for each 40G port. 

Cool stuff.

Colin

Thanks for your support Colin,

Best Regards,

Ruben

Hey Ruben,

What FEX 4 x 10 Breakout did you order? May I know the SKU#?

Thanks,

Michael

Hi Michael,

We finally use breakout cable from the local provider in spain. because we need a lot of patch cord like breakout.

You can use Cisco cable too via twinax cable (if the distances permit it),  this cables  are in this web:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/interfaces_modules/transceiver_modules/compatibility/matrix/40GE_Tx_Matrix.html

1. QSFP-4X10G-AOC1M
  2. QSFP-4X10G-AOC2M
  3. QSFP-4X10G-AOC3M
  4. QSFP-4X10G-AOC5M
  5. QSFP-4X10G-AOC7M
  6. QSFP-4X10G-AOC10M
  7. QSFP-4SFP10G-ACu7M
  8. QSFP-4SFP10G-ACu10M

or   "Cisco" Patch cord if you need :

part number H757908QPH-KW010F) : http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/nexus-6000-series-switches/guide_c07-726164.HTML

I hope have expleined correctly.

Best REgards,

Ruben

Thanks Ruben for your detailed information.

I understand that all these breakout cables are supported with 2348UPQ, unfortunately our parent switch is Nexus 5548P, which doesn't support any 10G AOC cables as per the 10G SFP+ compatibility matrix. After having some research and assistance from Support Community, my conclusion is that QSFP-4x10G-AC7M and 10M are only two breakout cables which can be used to connect N2348UPQ 40G port to 10G ports of N5548P. 

Hi Michael,

Im sorry, we  have installed this solution only with N5672 and N23XX. I can tell you that is working correctly without problema and it is very easy to deploy, there isnt additional command to configure it.

If you have $$$$ enough, you can deploy the solutions with 40G FET (MPO/MTP) to 10G FET (LC)  and the breakout cable, it is more expensive but it is a more flexible solution.

Best Regards,

Ruben

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: