!
 !
 end-policy-map

where is the problem?

5 Replies 5

xthuijs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It looks like your template name doesn't match with what you're activating in the control policy:

dynamic-template
 type ppp t-adsl

10 activate dynamic-template tcq-adsl

you could verify other issues if any with:

debug pppoe ev/err/pa

debug ppp nego/authen 

debug radius

debug subscriber manager policy/class-eval/error

as a first step to verify the pppoe setup, the control policy execution and matching, radius interaction and pop negotiation.

cheers

xander

thank you Alexander, for the reply.

yes, you're right. It was my mistake in typing the configuration.

But i have some other problems. My ios-xr version is 5.1.2 and we have 32K BNG Licenses that activated everywhere, on the linecard, on the RSPs.

The pppoe sessions terminate on a 20*1G linecard and on the bundle-ether interfaces. When i check the logging history i look some errors like this:

RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:Apr 24 20:56:52.940 : PPP-MA[368]: %L2-PPP_MA-4-ERR_AAA_ATTR_IF : Bundle-Ether2.384.pppoe40424: Unexpected error encountered whilst getting AAA attribute type 210 from list: 'AAA ATTR' detected the 'fatal' condition 'Invalid or NULL Parameter in API'

Also i have a serious problem. After a few days, the device falls into crash and i can not commit any configurations and the router switchovers the Active RSP. The active RSP takes Standby role and the Standby RSP takes Active role and so many pppoe sessions disconnect.

On the device I can look errors about Sysdb. where's the problem. I have to upgrade or downgrade the IOS-XR or not?

By the way, why there isn't reload command in that IOS-XR version, i cannot find it. sometimes I have to do reboot by power off.

Please help me??!!!

the syslog message/"error" you reference may not be a problem per-se, I would really need to see the debugs requested to find out why sessions are not establishing.

it may be good idea to get on 513 first and the latest service pack/being smu current to make sure we're not running into anything "known".

I don't mean any disrespect here, but you are describing an issue without providing the detail necessary in order for me/us to say anything substantial. And I would really like to give you an answer to get moving forward but in the absence of any detail it is hard to "guess" where the problem may be...

To get somewhere, I would advice to:

- log a tac case

and regardless provide the details of:

- running config

- get smu current

- run a recommended release (eg 5.1.3)

get the debugs and traces minimally necessary to investigate connectivity issues, notably:

- debug ppp nego

-debug radius

-debug subscriber manager policy

debug subscriber class-eval

etc

just in order to define where the issue might potentially be...

cheers!

xander

I upgrated ios-xr 5.1.2 to 5.1.3 today.

The running config file is attached. Debugging commands that you referenced, are not exist.

Do i need special configurations to limit the subscribers bandwidth. I created some profiles on AAA software (IBS) but they aren't applied.

your config looks ok for the purpose that you want.

the debugs probably require your username to be part of root-system/cisco-support so would add that to the username definition in the config.

if the sessions dont establish it may have something to do with the radius profile.

can you share your radius profile you use?

to apply qos on teh session you can either use the attribute ip:sub-qos-policy-out=<name> or you can create a dynamic template for a service and apply the qos policy underneat that service so you can use the vsa subscriber:sa=SeRVCENAME.

this way with sa service activate and da to deactivate you can nicely modify the services and qos.

I would need to see the debugs and the radius profile to see why it is not working the way we want...

regards

xander

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: