cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2960G and ISE 1.2

deyster94
Level 5
Level 5

One of my clients would like to roll out wired ISE so that if someone with a device that is part of the domain plugs into the network and the user enters proper AD credentials, they get full access.  Otherwise, the device does not get any access to their network.  I was onsite last week checking over their devices and half of their switches are 2960G's.  Currently, they are running ISE 1.2 and these switches are not listed in the compatibility matrix.  Does anyone know if these switches will work with ISE 1.2 or 1.3 to fulfill their requirements?

TIA and let me know if you need more info.

Dan

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

They probably aren't in the compatibility matrix since they went end of sales in July 2012.

However the IOS release notes for 12.2(55) and 12.2(58) indicates you should be able to run those versions on them. With that, you should be able to exercise the basic ISE AuthC and AuthZ  features.

You'd need to steer clear of any of the IOS 15.x features like IOS sensor, SGTs, MACsec etc.

In any case, I'd recommend some lab testing and/or proof of concept with the customer to validate.

Venkatesh Attuluri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I see that you have requirement for basic 802.1x  and 2960g will support it but if you are planning for any advanced features like profiling or posture these may not be fully compatible