cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco RV325 VPN Clients

rarteagafpd
Level 1
Level 1

A little help for a new Cisco user.  I have an RV325.  Need to connect Win 7 and Win 8 clients to the router.  Started SSL VPN config, and its interesting, but just want to set up a client software on our external laptops to access network.  We have 5 locations with RV042s connecting into the RV325 through site-to-site vpn.  How can I give the clients access to RV325 and be able to cross to servers on the different subnets?  and what client software should I be using?  PPTP is not enough.  Any help would be appreciated.

4 Replies 4

stpa67001
Level 1
Level 1

I use Shrew Soft vpn-client, it works on tunnels and easyvpn tunnels, havent got it working on groupvpn tunnels yet but i havent had the time to work on it. Also the latest version of Cisco EasyVPN client works on W7/W8.x x64 but it is not easy to get hold of since it is eol and not bundled by Cisco anymore.

stpa67001 thanks for your help.  I got the old cisco vpn client working with the 325.  But I am still a little confused whether to be setting my rv042's and rv325's as routers or gateways.  Any idea?

Gateway mode since i guess you are connecting each router to internet behind a nat/firewall and using non routable private ip's.

Just bought a brand new RV325, and discover I can not get EASYVPN software because it is EoL.

Seriously ? Can not believe this restriction with Cisco.

Trying to connect ShrewSoft, but did not manage it to work getting a "received peer INVALID-ID-INFORMATION notification".

I manage to connect Shrewsoft with many Linksys or Cisco, like RV082, but here, I can not manage to make it works.

You told me you perform to work with normal Tunnels and EasyVPN Tunnel.

May I aks what you use in Shrewsoft Local and Remote ? For EasyVPN, which parameters did you use ?

Thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: