Helpful
Replies

Calling issue on SIP and E1

mohsin majeed
Level 2
Level 2

Dears,

I am facing a strange issue on client site. Here is the setup

Client has CUCM Pub and Sub with two gateways; one GW configured for SIP trunk towards ITSP and second GW as E1 towards PSTN.

There are different telecom companies in Saudi Arabia like Zain, Mobily, STC which is having numbering for as below

Zain Telecom.

058XXXXXXX

059XXXXXXX

Mobily

056XXXXXXX

054XXXXXXX

STC

050XXXXXXX

053XXXXXXX

055XXXXXXX

Problem:

dialing to the Zain network always work fine. 

dialing to the Mobily network sometimes give busy on some mobile numbers. After trying 5,6,7,8,9 times busyouts using redial button; call then finally goes and connect.

dialing on STC network almost always gives busy and after 6,7,8 or 9 times busyouts; call then finally goes and connect.

This problem is with DIDs on both SIP and E1

Need help to figure it out.

Regards,

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Start by debugging those calls to find out the disconnect cause telco is sending, depending on that, you would need to find out if they are expecting some special formatting for the calls to always work, or if there is some problem between telcos handling the calls.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks for the reply,

I will visit the site and update the status later on. On the same configuration this setup was working fine. This issue suddenly came a week ago.

Regards,

Replied on the other thread:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12486626/500-server-internal-errorvia-sip20udp-and-sip20-503-service-unavailablevia

Mohsin, kindly let's keep working on single thread as I saw you created another two threads after this one.

Hi,

I visited the site today. This above mentioned issue is only on SIP trunk not on E1. GW configuration with Success and Unsuccessful call logs are attached.

Call on Zain network 058XXXXXXX is successful

Call on STC network 055XXXXXXX is unsuccessful

Need help

Regards,