cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ip communicator always crashes

Gabriel Bevan
Level 1
Level 1

I am having trouble figuring out  why this inst working.  the call and the application freezes up.  I have to go to task manager and kill the process because it says it is not responding. I have also noticed that it freezes when the call is answered.  It will not let me hang up, the app just freezes.  But the call on the other side is dropped.  Any Ideas  ?   I am on version  8.6.4   and the OS is Windows 8 pro

6 Replies 6

Murali_DS
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

can u be more specific? clarify if only the CIPC gets hanged or both CAD & CIPC gets hanged, also specify any features are invoked when call is answered (ex:Call park, Transfer, Call forward), There was a similar scenario in our deployment wherein only CAD was freezed and it was identified that agents were using Call Park feature using CIPC. So need a clarity on this. Also we would need the jgw logs and PIM logs for analysis.

Thx

M

we have also been getting many issues reported of telecommuters whose IPCC is crashing after a call is hung up during a conference call with CAD in the picture. Is there any fix or suggestions? 

Murali_DS
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

can u be more specific? clarify if only the CIPC gets hanged or both CAD & CIPC gets hanged, also specify any features are invoked when call is answered (ex:Call park, Transfer, Call forward), There was a similar scenario in our deployment wherein only CAD was freezed and it was identified that agents were using Call Park feature using CIPC. So need a clarity on this. Also we would need the jgw logs and PIM logs for analysis.

Thx

M

rbyers001
Level 1
Level 1

We have been experiencing the same behavior since rolling out CUCM over 2 years ago. Not only do we experience the freezing of CIPC, but most often CIPC will crash when on a call and a second call comes in. Some times problem reports are generated, and sometimes they aren't. I spent nearly a year going back and forth with Cisco TAC on the root cause. I sent dozens of problem reports, and the only thing that anyone could tell me at the end of the investigation was that CIPC was not able to allocate 8KB of memory while performing some function, thus causing the software to crash. However, no one at Cisco was ever able to tell up how to remedy the issue. We run CIPC versions 8.6.3.0 through 8.6.5.0 and it occurs with every version. We also run Windows 7 Pro on a mix of hp ProBook6560b/6570b and Lenovo ThinkPad T540p laptops. Happens on both makes and models. We have tried testing on our standard Windows image as well as a new Windows install from scratch. We have tried upgrading the memory in our 64-bit machines, we have tried different headset brands, we have tried just about everything one could think of. No luck. Any insight or suggestions would be immensely appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Did you ever find a fix for this?

No, unfortunately a solution was never found for this. Cisco TAC said it was an issue of CIPC not being able to allocate 8KB of memory when performing some function, thus causing the crash. But they could/would never provide insight or evidence as to WHY the memory could not be allocated. So after 3 years of dealing with this, we have decided to scrap our entire CUCM installation and contracts with AT&T and move to a cloud-based VOIP solution. Yes, this turned out to be a massive waste of money and lost revenue due to the inefficiencies of the AT&T implementation. If anyone will be in the market for some used UCS servers in about 9 months, let me know.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: