Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C2960S-24TS-L with MultiMode tranceiver

Hi 

At one of the plant we have C2960S-24TS_L switches are provided with multi mode transceiver but the Optical Cable available at site is single mode Optical fiber. So i procured a single mode transceiver. But I came to know that we have to some configuration changes in SFP so that it can support single mode transceiver. Please help me out in changing the configuration.

Regards,

Ranjeet

9 Replies 9

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
 But I came to know that we have to some configuration changes in SFP so that it can support single mode transceiver. 

No you don't.

First of All Thanks for your Reply. Can you suggest any solution on how to resolve this issue.....

You haven't mentioned what the problem is that you are experiencing? Thank you. 

Hi Tom,

As I mentioned earlier we have single mode optical fiber at site and we have received Multimode mode transceiver.

Regards,

Ranjeet Goud

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Please tell us the exact model of singlemode transceiver you have. Not every one is compatible with your switch. The ones that are guaranteed to work with the various Catalyst 2960 models are listed here.

With a compatible transceiver, there is no special configuration required to install and use it. See the installation guide here.

Hi Rhoads,

Thanks for your inputs.

the single mode transceiver which I have at site is Cisco Model GLC-LH-SM & GLC-LH-SMD(1000BASE-LX/LH long-wavelength/long haul; without DOM, LC connector SX transceiver). These are available for me at site.

Regards,

Ranjeet

Either of those are compatible with your switch model (assuming you have IOS 12.2(53)SE1 or later).

You can just plug them in and add your desired bits in the interface configuration.

Hi Rhoads,

Thanks for the response. we have installed the Transceiver Cisco GLC-LH-SM transceiver and the system is working fine. But however the it is limited to 100Mbs communication speed. Could you please let me know how to do the bit configuration change so that it supports 1GBps communication speed.

Regards,

L Ranjeet Goud

Do you have the same transceiver type at both ends of the link?

Please provide the output of "show interface <int number>" and "show run interface <int number>"

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: