cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA 112

mfecko001
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying ( first time user ) to connect a SPA 112 to a telephone system that supports SIP telephone extensions.

I have a half dozen of these to install for a not-for-profit with off site group homes for handicapped children.

Does anyone have a "cheat sheet" or simplified programming instructions I might use ?

Thanks 

6 Replies 6

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Wrong community - and it seems no one will respond you here. Better to move it to ATAs, Gateways, and Accessories. Your's chance to valuable reply may increase.

This post has been moved to ATAs, Gateway, and Accessories community.

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Sorry, I don't understand the question in full.

There is nothing like "generic instruction to program a SIP phone to become connected to any service provider". Exact parameters (not speaking about username and password) vary from service provider to service provider.

Follow instruction supplied by your service provider to you.

Dan Miley
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

easiest way to get started is go to the quick start guide

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/csbpvga/spa100-200/quick_start/SPA100_ATA_78-19933.pdf

the basic steps are:

plug in and boot up the unit plugged into your network

To access the IVR menu:
Connect an analog phone to the Phone port of the ATA.
Press the star key four times: ****
After the greeting plays, press the keys on the phone keypad to
select your options.
 Enter 110 #

the unit should read out it's IP address,

go to the gui of the device in your browser,

login default uname/password admin/admin

click the quick start tab

enter:

your proxy (provider server IP address or name),  your username  (frequently this is the phone # or extension) and your password.

click apply and the unit will reboot and should give you a dial tone if your provider account is setup correct.

the provider may have other options that need to be enabled or configured.  Auth ID, outbund proxy, sip port, etc.  Your provider should have settings for a cisco SPA device.

Here is the link to the admin guide if you need further info.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/csbpvga/spa100-200/admin_guide/SPA100_AG_OL-25117.pdf

hope this helps,

Dan

Thanks for the info.

Got it running and it works flawlessly.

Hi,

Yesterday I have purchased Cisco SPA 112 2 port VOIP because of existing Audio Codec VOIP 112 is not working. I want to configure Cisco VOIP over MPLS network i.e. on local IP (eg.192.168.1.5) to remote reachable ip (eg. 192.168.3.5) over MPLS network. How I can configure this VOIP? please help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: