cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AIR-CAP3702I-A-K9 compatibility in our environment

kanuri_murthy
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco has released EOL announcement for the existing access points used in our organization (AIR-CAP3502I-A-K9)

Validate if Cisco AIR-CAP3702I-A-K9 can be used in our current hardware and software release.

If not, what needs to be upgraded.

4 Replies 4

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What controller model and software are you on?

If you are on a Gen2 or better, 5508/8510/5760/2504/WiSM2, then you can run the code that supports the 3702.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/release/notes/crn80.html#pgfId-1218912

If you are on a Gen1 WLC, 440x/WiSM1/2106 then you would need to upgrade to a Gen2 controller to support the software.

HTH,

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Hi Steve,

we have a 5500 series wireless controller & Model no is 5508.

Current SW version is 7.5.102.0.

And currently we have access points (AIR-CAP3502I-A-K9) Cisco has released EOL announcement for the existing access points.

And can we deploy Cisco AIR-CAP3702I-A-K9 can be used in our current hardware and software release.

If not, what needs to be upgraded.

yes the 5508 will support the 7.6 code, which you need to upgrade to so you can deploy the 3702 series access point.

HTH,

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What controller model and software are you on?

If you are on a Gen2 or better, 5508/8510/5760/2504/WiSM2, then you can run the code that supports the 3702.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/release/notes/crn80.html#pgfId-1218912

If you are on a Gen1 WLC, 440x/WiSM1/2106 then you would need to upgrade to a Gen2 controller to support the software.

HTH,

Steve

HTH,
Steve

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card