cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.3 individual user expiry settings based on dates

HeshamFilfil
Level 1
Level 1

In ACS version 5.3, Is it possible configure a local user account to disable it automatically, as in the 4.2 ACS version. When I create an local user account there isn't this option, and I don't know how to implement it. Few posts says this can be achieved by configuring User lifetime and User Type setting under system administration-->configuration->dictionary-> identity->internal users. But its not clear how to define date based expiry for individual user accounts.

Appreciate your valuable feedback..

3 Replies 3

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It has been a while since I have worked with v5.3 but I just checked my ACS 5.6 and you have the following option under the internal user settings:

- Disable Account if Date Exceeds yyyy-mm-dd

Is this what you are looking for?

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

Thanks Neno for the reply.

Yes. Even in 5.4 in one of the youtube video i found this feature. Not sure any patch or minor software update release is available for 5.3 that provides this feature as I cant update to 5.4 due to some dependencies.

No problem! By the way, I just checked the release notes and it appears that it is in fact v5.4 that introduced this feature:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5-4/release/notes/acs_54_rn.html

I hope this helps!

Thank you for rating helpful posts!