cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM - Single PSTN number to ring single exention

david.neubauer
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to find a way to configure Cisco Unified communications manager 9.1 to allow an incoming call from a specific number to ring a single extension, I know about DID (Direct inwards dial) from the phone company but wanted to see if there is a way to do it within UCM itself. We are using MGCP to control the phone gateways within UCM. I hope this is enough information go off of, I am new to UCM.

2 Replies 2

Brandon Pierce
Level 4
Level 4

In an MGCP environment, you would set the significant digits to what you want.  For example, 10 digit incoming call gets stripped down to 4 digits.  That 4 digit number then would match an extension assuming it is configured in CUCM.

Device --> Gateway --> T1 --> Inbound Calls - Significant Digits (starting from the right)

So 123-456-7890 would be 7890.  An extension with 7890 would then ring assuming all other calling privileges are good to go.

Thanks for the input Brandon, with your information I was able to discover the particular line I was looking for is a POTS which in that case the attendant extension is set up under the line.