Views
Helpful
Replies

Roadmap Cisco CallManager version 11

Chi Fai Leung
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are using the Cisco CallManager version 9 and we are planning to upgrade the CallManager. Should we upgrade to version 11?

When is the release of CM version 11? Any interesting new features on CM 11? 

2 Replies 2

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Mate,

Certainly if you are upgrading you can wait and directly upgrade to 11. But that would mean waiting for couple of months. CSR 11 will be in beta trial first and you could be looking around 2-3 months to see the FCS (First customer shipment).

There are some enhancements and additions around conferencing/QoS/Secuirty/PCD (option of SFTP to bypass limitation of WAN downloads etc.)

Yeah would suggest wait for couple of months, lets the CUCM 11 come out and wait for it run for enough time to get some feedback on the stable release and upgrade. Obviously, if you are upgrading due to any bug etc. then you can upgrade otherwise you should wait and upgrade to 11 directly.

-Terry

Please rate all helpful posts and mark the thread as answered if you have no other queries.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

My perspective is let someone else give it a spin before you do, however if you are OK with bleeding edge and can accept some bugs, etc. and are prepared for shorted life span of .0 release you can certainly wait for 11 when it comes out this summer.  As to what features are in it, that is still under NDA and cannot be announced on public forum.

If I was in your shoes I would go to 10.5.2 now and then monitor stability of 11 before going to it.  Also, don't forget to review all other dependencies on compatibility of other applications you may have.

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: