Views
Helpful
Replies

C40 Camera Control Maximum Cable Length RJ45 to DSUB

kyleberezowski
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

What is the maximum cable length for the camera control port on a Cisco C40?

Thanks,

Kyle

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

According to the PrecisionHD Camera Guide, on pg 17, the camera cables that typically come with the codecs can be 5, 6.5, or up to 20 meters.  Anything over 5 meters requires the camera be powered by the camera's power supply and not from the codec using camera control cable itself.

I have some custom installs where the camera control cable is well up to 75-100 feet.  Simply follow the pin-out on the same page noted above to make your own cable, and be sure to use the PSU-CAM-V= power supply to power the camera.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

According to the PrecisionHD Camera Guide, on pg 17, the camera cables that typically come with the codecs can be 5, 6.5, or up to 20 meters.  Anything over 5 meters requires the camera be powered by the camera's power supply and not from the codec using camera control cable itself.

I have some custom installs where the camera control cable is well up to 75-100 feet.  Simply follow the pin-out on the same page noted above to make your own cable, and be sure to use the PSU-CAM-V= power supply to power the camera.

Hi Patrick,

Thank you so much for passing along this information. I had overlooked that information on page 17 where it points out the CAB-VDCD-20M cable.

I appreciate you taking the time to help me out!

Kind regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: