cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMSPLCMDirectory Service (Stopped)

Chet Cronin
Level 4
Level 4

Can someone please tell the CISCO developers that Internet Explorer isn't going away and when they develop software that has a web interface to make sure they take IE into account !!!!!   It's so frustrating that we have issue using the IE with TANDBERG, CISCO VTC devices as well at the TMS and for CISCO's information Firefox and Crome are not authorized on some organizations PC's. 

This is extremely frustrating.

Thank you.

Chet Cronin
3 Replies 3

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Chet,

What is it that you're having problems with access with IE?  We use IE here (currently IE11) and don't have issues accessing any of the Tandberg or Cisco kit we have (although, we do have to put IE in to "compatibility mode" for the odd device).

Your IE complaint also doesn't correspond to the title of your thread (the Polycom Directory Service of TMS being Stopped) - perhaps you need to re-title the thread, or re-post your actual issue in more detail.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Just so frustrated between CISCO and Microsoft when they put stuff out ... IT developer develop for themselves and not the customer.   Make the customer find problems they should have found.  Sucks ...

Disregard this post ...

I had to use firefox to get what I needed ...

No the title was right ... the darn IE was giving back to us that the directory service had stopped but the firefox said differently .... at any rate disregard this post ... I am leaving it on the CISCO site so other customer feeling the same pain I am will not feel alone. 

Thank you.

VR

Chet

Chet Cronin

Thanks Chet,  it wasn't clear in your first post what you were saying the issue was.

In any case, your issue with it showing one way in one browser and differently in the other is more likely to be a proxy or caching issue on your PC.  Clear all your browser caches and try again and you should see the same thing from each browser.

Wayne

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.