cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to get the accesslog into my sever

Ramah Subbiah
Level 1
Level 1

I configured SCP push for access log ( WSA) to my server using logconfig CLI . Still the files are not available in the server configured. what am i missing ..

We are trying to monitor the WSA device and provide the statistical or monitored information about the blocked  URL accessed , client ip,port details etc .. How do i get these information as a part of CLI .

Thanks,

Ramah S

2 Replies 2

Hi Ramah,

did you copy ssh key to .ssh/authorized_keys file on target computer?

Did you try to connect via telnet, port 22 to target computer from WSA CLI to verify that network connectivity is not the problem?

One additional way is to install ftpd service on target computer and configure WSA to push logs via FTP. Authentication method is username+password instead of ssh keys.

You can use REST API for basic reporting capabilities if you need. Here is example PHP libraryhttps://supportforums.cisco.com/document/12449391/esa-rest-api-php-library

Thanks for your quick reply, we did try putting the ssh key and ftpd , still we could not get the log files pushed into the our server from WSA.

when i looked into REST API support . is the zip file attached in the link are only supported in WSA . is there any other way to get few details of the accesslog information .

We are just trying to get the WBRS score. URL accessed, threat level , port and client IP parameters and develop the reports and show in PPM.

Kindly guide