Views
Helpful
Replies

moving message filter from machine to cluster level and centralize POV

michelegarribba
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

dealing with cluster i had a problem crentaiizing POV from one ESA to an SMA. The error is unable to proceed with PVO at mercurio01 ; has content filters /dlp actions available at level different from the machine ESA01 level. I have e message filter configured at machine level.

Ho can i move the filter to cluster level in order to activate the central POV to this esa? IS this correct ?

Either can i remove the  filter, centrilize the POV and then re do the filter at custer level?

In this case how this can be done? In filters command there are two option CLUSTERSET ancd CLUSTERSHOW that i cannot find in any docs.

Any help is really appricieated, this filter is really important for us to make it work

Thanks,

smaikol

2 Replies 2

Mathew Huynh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Michele,

WIth regards to your enquiry.

I believe you do not have to 'remove' this filter and if you're okay with moving all your filters from your pre-configured machines level to cluster level usage then you can use the 

CLI > filters > clusterset > Copy to Cluster

This will copy all your configuration defined at machines for the filter usage to cluster usage to meet this requirement.

However this is message filters.

The error is also indicative of possible content filters which are being used as well so i would suggest checking your GUI > Mail Policies > Incoming/Outgoing Content filters

Check your current configured levels of configuration here and ensure that it is running at cluster level if you wish to use centralized PVO.

Regards,

Matthew

Thanks Mathew, had this problem and couldn't find where the inconstancy was. After reading your post I found it under 'CLI > filters > clusterset > Copy to Cluster'