Views
Helpful
Replies

Disable MRA on Jabber for Windows Clients

Lee Marson
Level 5
Level 5

Hello,

Does anyone know if it is possible to stop J4W clients from looking up the collab-edge SRV record?

My client would only like to connect using VPN with Jabber for Windows Clients and preserve MRA for mobile devices?

The main concern is the User Experience when flitting between connecting via MRA and connecting via VPN.

When a user boots up a laptop the jabber client starts before the VPN is established so would connect using MRA. Once VPN established then the client would have to log in again I guess? 

I have not seen this working yet - if someone can tell me that the transition between MRA back to VPN is transparent that will do me :-)

Thanks in advance

Lee.

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

MRA only had to be enabled on 9.6 client, on 9.7+ it's enabled by default, you can try setting this option under policies in the .xml

<RemoteAccess>OFF</RemoteAccess>

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi,

Can you tell me the way to do so when using JW4 10.6.1??

Have you tried what I mentioned in my previous post??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi,

because there is no parameter <RemoteAccess>OFF</RemoteAccess> within the doku, I didn't try ;-)

Is this a hidden parameter??

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: