cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 1.3: Use phonenumber as username in Guest self-service registration portal

rolf
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to feed phone number field $ui_phone_number$ as username on ISE Guest Self-service portal?
I would like guests to only enter mobile phone number in self-registration portal and then receive a sms with mobile phone number as username and a generated password. The options I find now is to have both username and password auto-generated or to include username field in self-registration portal to enable user to enter a username of choice, but I want to lock username field as being mobile phone number. Is it possible in ISE 1.3 or 1.4 ?

also se attached image for reference on auto-generated username - here I would like to have the option to choose mobile phone number as username

regards Rolf

1 Reply 1

Venkatesh Attuluri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For a self registered guest user you have 2 different fields for username and phone number. settings screenshot you attached ise guest username policy you can set it to have all numeric but ise is not going to use data from this field for phone number to send sms...if you are looking for simple guest onabord then try HOtspot feature with access code