cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing an agent state from Not Ready to Ready automatically after a set of minutes

Curtis Hu
Level 5
Level 5

Hello,

In UCCX 10.5, is there a way to change an agent state from "Not Ready" to "Ready" after a set of minutes.

Sometimes, an agent has a call no anaswer that force the state to "Not Ready", and the agent may not aware of their state is in "Not Ready" mode, so need to force the "Not Ready" mode back to "Ready" automatically after a set of minutes.

Thanks in advance.

8 Replies 8

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is no parameter in CCX that would do this, one option might be to develop a finesse widget that can do that for you.  Another solution (not recommended) would be to change the default setting on keeping the agent state ready after ring no answer, but that is system wide parameter and might cause more harm as if someone walked away from their PC and stayed Ready multiple RNAs might occur instead of just one.

hi Chris,

For this  " There is no parameter in CCX that would do this, one option might be to develop a finesse widget that can do that for you."  

Do you have example of widget script?

thanks,

Karen

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Curtis,

This is definitely possible if you have the enhanced or premium license installed on the UCCX server. This type of action is known as Timer Action wherein you can automate a certain state change on CAD after a certain amount of time.

Please start looking from page number 134 of the attached guide in order to achieve the same. This guide is for UCCX 8.5 but should stand true for any version of UCCX.

Regards

Deepak

Hello Deepak,

I have read the document you shared , but the option to do Timer Action , is within the Voice Contact Workflow , please find below screenshot : Page - 97

This means , that the option to change the state of the Agent can be triggered based on "Ringing", "Answered", "Dropped" or "Work" ...

if there is a way to do the request above , please share ..

Thanks A lot,

Ahmed Salah

As informed in the earlier e-mail, start looking from page number 134 (heading - Timer Action) to achieve this.

Regards

Deepak

I did that already as stated above ..

This means , that the option to change the state of the Agent can be triggered based on "Ringing", "Answered", "Dropped" or "Work" ...

The example inside the document confirms that this can work from the "Work" state .. but not the "Not Ready" state ..

strange screen shot though .. so this can be done based on the fact that the Agent state will be changed to "Not Ready" after the "Ringing" event ..

So , to achieve this , like to make the Agent "Ready" after 2 mins , and the RONA Event , I will set the Timer Action to 02:12 seconds , ( 12 seconds are the RONA Time ) ... and configure that on the Event "Ringing" .. hmmm

I will have to try it out ...

Thanks any way Deepak,

Thanks a lot,

Ahmed Salah

You got that right Ahmed. Based on one of the events i.e, Ringing, Answered, Dropped, Work, you will need to configure the Timer Action.

For the not Ready state categorically, you have the option of setting an Agent Notification action under Agent Management but that cannot help you with the automatic state change.

Regards

Deepak

Ahmed,

Can you please show what you did? I'm attempting to do this also. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: