(config)#enable secret type 5 Quyu4u=r

but now i'm not able to login. 

How to retrieve this? 

10 Replies 10

tinchan2010
Level 1
Level 1

can someone help me? how do i login back to my switch

is there any way to recover this password? appreciate someone help. i'm stuck already

Refer the below doc for password recovery:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750/software/release/12-2_25_sec/configuration/guide/3750scg/swtrbl.html#wp1021182

if i wish to return the old config am i able to perform rollback remotely? 

i'm not saving the config during the password change.. 

If you can't access it or do a password recovery, you can always pull the plug and then power it back up. 

As long as you haven't saved the running configuration with the new password, the startup config will be loaded into the running config on start up and your old password will give you access.

Hope this helps,

Please rate helpful posts.

Thanks.

did you save the config? If not just reload and the old password should work again.

And your command line doesn't look like a valid command. Perhaps there was an error while setting the password and your old password is still valid.

i'm not save the config yet.

i'm trying using the old password, but still not able. 

how to reload? is there any mechanism to rollback?

If you can't login any more, you need to power cycle the switch or router.

chsarkar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you have not saved the config after configuring the secret password, just reload and you should be able to login with your old password. However if you have saved it and you no longer remember the password, then you need to recover the password.

Refer the below doc for password recovery:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750/software/release/12-2_25_sec/configuration/guide/3750scg/swtrbl.html#wp1021182

Alternatively you can also login with any privilege level 15 username ( if you know any) and change the enable password.

Hope it helps you.

tq chsarkar, i have old configuration. 

i'm not saving the config yet, how do i reload? is there any command for reload? can it be done via remotely?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card